Friday, September 4, 2015

Advice for a College Freshman

This past Sunday, my baby sister, moved in for her first year of college.  Before she left, I reminded her of previous stories I told her about my college experience and informed her that it truthfully was one of the greatest experienced of my life. It is my sincere hope that everyone can look back and say that.


Now, across the globe, colleges are welcoming incoming freshman.  As a freshman, or even a transfer student, it is important to make college a great experience, so here is my advice to my sister and to you.

“ These next four years will past by in a flash, before you know it, you will be like me, out for two years, looking back and remembering how great it was. That being said, the most important advice I can give you is just that, at the end of the day, only you can make college GREAT.  So go and make the next four years something worth looking back on and smiling.  Try new things, make new friends, go to class, travel abroad, learn new things and be OPENMINDED. In the wise words of Matt Nathanson “ Everyday is the start of something beautiful”, consider everyday at college as another chance to make it a great experience.  At the end of the day, look at college as a safe place for students to grow into the people they want to be. This is your chance. College is a brand new slate. You have the world open to you and there is NOTHING you cannot accomplish if you truly want it.  So go find yourself, find your passion; discover who you are and where you want to be, and have the time of your life doing it. “

It is crazy to think I graduated with my MA two years ago, but my experiences during college made it all worth it. Now, I can look back on those memories and smile, knowing that college made me a better person.  I am honored to have experienced the things I have, I only hope that you can do the same

9 comments:

  1. HAVE A LOOK THERE http://gospeedinfo.blogspot.al/. YOU WILL FIND INTERESTING THINGS .HOPE YOU ENJOY IT smile emoticon

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAVE A LOOK THERE http://gospeedinfo.blogspot.al/. YOU WILL FIND INTERESTING THINGS .HOPE YOU ENJOY IT :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for share such a wonderful article.I like the way of writing and presenting.I also trying to write the article with the help of different resources.Waiting for new stuff.custom writing service

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is just what I was looking for and quite thorough as well. Thanks for posting this, I saw a couple other similar posts but yours was the best so far. The ideas are strongly pointed out and clearly emphasized. awriter.org

    ReplyDelete
  5. Spider-Man is a bit of a trouble maker admittedly, he doesn’t do anything illegal but he definitely likes to get up to some harmless mischief. For example he pretty much loves climbing up cranes, we saw him using cranes to stop the Lizard in Amazing Spider-Man and in his spare time, when he’s holidaying in Australia, he likes to climb up them.

    However this is angering Probuild Construction (Aust) Pty Ltd who consequently sought an injunction on Thursday, restraining bryce wilson spiderman, otherwise known as Australia’s Spider-Man, from entering any of their construction sites in Melbourne, because he won’t stop climbing on the cranes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete