Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Trend Spotter : Nails on Nails on Nails

Recently, our founder hosted a "party" on Facebook where she was selling Jamberry. For those of you who haven't heard of them, Jamberry is (basically) a heat activated sticker that substitutes for nail polish. They come in a variety of colors and patterns and are $15 a sheet. The price may seem a little hefty at first, at least for me it did, but after researching I found that you can get about 2 full manicures out of a single sheet. Way cheaper than any salon! 



I haven't tried the Jamberry nails yet, but I have a sample and I'm pretty excited. I work in the food service industry and my nails take a constant beating. I'm sure a lot of college kids are the same way. All I really want in life is nail polish that won't chip. 

In an effort to achieve ultimate nail greatness, I have taken the adventure into gel nails (not the professional kind) and I've been disappointed. I heard great things about the Sally Hansen Gel which doesn't need a UV light, so I dropped the $7 and tried it. It chipped within hours. 

Something, I will suggest to you guys is Sally Hansen Extreme Wear. Hands down the best polish I've ever tried. With the right top coat, it can last for days. I've spent money on all types of polish, even the best ones like Essie, and SH Extreme Wear beats the competition out of the water. 



Our nails take a beating and it's hard to find the right solution. On the quest to nail perfectness, we all have to trial and error. But I hope that you guys try out the SH and like it! (I'll be sure to leave some updates about Jamberry too!)  

2 comments: