Monday, March 30, 2015

Midterms week


Midterms week!
Alright everyone it’s time for midterms, this is the big warm up for finals. I know it’s scary but we all got to do them while we are in college. I’ve come up with some tips to help ease the craziness of midterm crunch time.  Here are my lucky number 7 tips on midterms week, and may the odds be in your favor! (Pic credit to my Pinterest).


1.       The main thing to remember is DON’T STRESS! I know everyone says that and it’s hard to do but it’s really needed. Don’t cram for your midterms, I know there are some people who work good under pressure but this is not the time to try new things. Stick to what you know and what gets you calm.
2.       Now energy drinks are awesome don’t get me wrong and iced coffee is my weakness. However what has really been helping me with paper writing and pretests, is green tea. It really helps me relax and focus on what I’m working on.
3.      Another thing that helps me is my playlist's. Walking to class to my own soundtrack gets me pumped to go to class and work my butt off during midterms week. Here is my personal playlist. (fyi these songs can also double as a workout playlist)
·         Work Bitch-Britney Spears
·         Break Free-Ariana Grande
·         Fancy-Iggy Azalea
·         Worth it-Fifth Harmony
·         Live it up-Jennifer Lopez
4.      Wear comfy clothes when taking your midterms, let yoga/ sweatpants be your best friend. Midterm and final season is yoga/sweatpants season. Don’t be embarrassed to come to class being comfortable. And if that’s not your thing you can dress up as another option, even give yourself a mani-pedi.  The most important thing is being comfortable and feeling good about yourself.
5.      Don’t use midterms as an excuse to eat junk food. I know it’s hard not to eat the Cheetos and Candy bars when you’re up late studying but sugar is not going to keep you up. The sugar high only helps for a little but then it makes you get slow and lose focus. Do little things to your diet to keep you focused on your midterms. An Example would be adding real fruit to your water such as lemon, or eating oranges (cuties are my favorite). Little changes like that go a long way.
6.      Get a lot of sleep. It’s hard not to sleep but it’s needed especially if you’re taking midterms (exams).  8 hours of sleep is a must, don’t take 4 hour naps and consider that sleep. You need sleep in order to be focused.
7.      Take a walk to get some fresh air. It’s ok to take a bit of a break from the books to see the outside world from the library. Taking a walk helps clear your mind and get you focused.

No comments:

Post a Comment