Tuesday, March 24, 2015

When a Sorority Girl Auditions for Big Brother

Remember when I shared that I applied to be on Big Brother in a previous blog post?

Over the weekend I attended the NYC casting call to continue my pursuit of getting on the upcoming season of the hit CBS reality show.

In addition to meeting many other Big Brother Season 17 house guest hopefuls, I got to meet three former house guests from last summer!

First I met the Big Brother Season 16 winner, Derrick Levasseur. This former police sergeant became the lucky winner of $500,000 by winning the three-month long game in the Big Brother house. The casting team saw something special in him because he was a good guy with a smart mindset on how to work in the game.


Derrick hung out with the people auditioning for the whole duration of the casting call. It was a total pleasure getting to meet him since I am a BB Superfan!

Who did I meet next? The runner-up, Cody Califiore! Cody is from a town not too far from my hometown. He was recruited by a BB staff member at a bar mitzvah where he was working as a party host for an entertainment company.


Then there was a surprise visit from another Big Brother contestant from last season! Frankie Grande, a social media star who is also the brother of pop star Ariana Grande, showed up to the casting call!


Conveniently his sister had concert performances at Madison Square Garden the night before and the night of these auditions. He shared advice with a few other people and myself about living in the Big Brother house. I am not sure how I managed to pay attention to what he was saying since I was in a state of shock the whole time.

This experience was amazing and I met lots of interesting and fun fans of the show. We were all exchanging social media information just in case one of us ever becomes the next BB star.  I cannot imagine people freaking out seeing me the way I did when I met these reality stars that just a year ago were regular people. Whether or not I ever end up on this show, I am so happy I met these Big Brother stars and had the opportunity to introduce myself to the casting team.

No comments:

Post a Comment