Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Phi Sig Does Yoga

Inhale, and exhale.

Before Leadership Conference kicked off for the weekend, Phi Sigma Sigma staff members and volunteers had the opportunity to do some late night yoga.

Even though it was my first time doing yoga, I thoroughly enjoyed it. The stretches pulled on muscles I didn't even know existed, and the breathing exercises calmed my thoughts.

The yoga instructor, Suzanne Lovern Burns, carefully explained each step as we went. She shared ways to push further if the stretch was not intense enough and ways to make it easier if the stretch was too much of a strain.

As the yoga lesson progressed, the exercises were more demanding. Phi Sig sisters rose to the challenge every time and impressed themselves with their flexibility and stamina.

By the time the class ended, everyone was exhausted but delighted to have the experience. Trying out a yoga class with the Supreme Council, Headquarters staff, and other lovely Phi Sigma Sigma members and volunteers was a blast. Once my travels are done as a consultant, I hope to take more yoga classes and learn more.

No comments:

Post a Comment